Melba is excited by the NDIS!
For 45 years Melba Support Services has been committed to providing people with disabilities truly individualised services focused on creating more choice and greater control for each person, over their life.
With the introduction of the NDIS, our not-for-profit, community based organisation, can now continue to provide our range of high quality services to people who choose to use us. How great is that!
Melba currently provides support in the eastern and southern regions of Melbourne. Our head office is located on Melba Avenue, Lilydale and our regional office is located in Dandenong (opening 2017).
Our commitment to person-centred services, is evidenced by our accreditation with the Council on Quality and Leadership, USA. Melba became the first Australian organisation to be accredited under CQL’s Person-Centred Excellence “with Distinction” quality framework.
Melba provides a range of services, including:
• Accommodation (Community Living)
• Daytime Participation and Learning (Community Connections)
• Anytime Participation and Learning (Individualised Support Arrangements)
• Respite (Carer Respite, Funded Respite, Leisure Support Program)
• Employment, Volunteering and Skill Building (Social Enterprises, Community Connections)
• Relationship Skills (Social Impact)
• Communication and Planning
Helping someone achieve their personal outcomes, whether that be in daily living, at home, with their health and wellbeing, through lifelong learning, at work, participating socially and within the community, with relationships or through advocacy and choice and control, is what drives the team at Melba Support Services.