Who is eligible for NDIS funding?
Eligibility for the NDIS depends on where you live and the nature of your disability.
To access the NDIS, you must:
Live in an NDIS trial site or transition area
Have a permanent disability that:
- Reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities, or perform tasks or actions, unless you have support
- Affects your capacity for social and economic participation, and
- Means you are likely to require support under the NDIS for a lifetime.
You must also be:
- An Australian citizen aged under 65
- Or the holder of a permanent visa
- Or hold a Protected Special Category Visa
Click on the video below for more information about accessing NDIS